Alabama Quality STARS Quality Rating and Improvement System (QRIS) is part of a national systematic approach to assess, improve, and communicate the level of quality in early care and education programs.
The Path to Success Starts Early
- The ages between birth and five are critical to children’s overall development.
- Research on early brain development shows the need to focus on the early years to improve a child’s language, physical, and cognitive development.
- Children need to receive quality early care and education within and outside their families to
Quality early care and education programs are committed to the following:
- Adhering to the highest standards of care, education, nutrition, and safety
- Having a developmentally appropriate learning environment for all children
- Obtaining training and education in the most effective early care and education practices